Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1 Tuesday 1 Poem



"The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs."

- Charles Baudelaire

In the still of the night I still dream of the feel of a mic. And what it’s like to rock an ark filled w the vision of millions in sight. One word. A hundred minds. split like a thousand vines drop missions from the heavens and wrap em around a thousand spines, and let em move to it groovy like they’re high and drunk of wine. But no, it’s just poetry..........

That’s what YOU said, right? ........Just, poetry

Maybe you’ve
Been misinformed
Or the cyphers
you’ve been to
Just seemed too calm
To merit the topics
In front of your optics
Said poet was speaking on
Or to validate the energy
You hear in me
After I’ve just heard
“That Poem”
You know........“That. Poem.”
That’ll have you in basements
Making placards and picket signs
Challenging the government
On laws built in the divine.
Action with no logic
Because passion was no object
When you’re moved
Into tears
Because the city
Just tore down the projects
Or Each one Teach one
Is replaced with no child left behind
But fewer children get ahead
Because of the way a system is designed
Forcing us to be way more creative
About how to get our children in line
But the beaten path is a dead end
Of mortuaries and prison time

......But Hey!
That’s our issue, right?
What about that box of tissues, love?
Or that list of songs
That seem all wrong
While you’re waiting
For that one to kiss you
Or even, for that one to say they miss you
How will you ever prepare yourself
For punch drunk love
When it balls up its fists
and hits you #POWWWWW

See there’s no support like
A cypher speaking openly
On some shit we’ve all been through
Make you laugh at yourself
Because laughter is the best remedy
When the pain's feels too much for you
Sometimes its over the counter
Other times its over your head
But when the emotion has found its target
Somehow you’re always nodding your head
So now, how do you strike back?
Because you’ve heard the right track
Funny how overtones
Of another’s woes
Can give Stella her groove right back
“I love you Stella” *Taye Diggs voice*

I spit my dreams into a sea
Via a bottle of Jack Daniels
And if I never see the day
It means I’ve lived my life backwards
Lived under the same standards
That forced him unto the moon
So he can walk like Mike Jack did
Just make sure its red w/ the zippers
When you’re handing me my jacket
And fill the streets w/ field ninjas
Before you lower me into my casket
Replace my eulogy w/
A poem for Simba to spit
And Remember that I’m an artist and
..........I’m SENSITIVE ABOUT MY SHIT

No comments:

Post a Comment