Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday: Beethoven in Wonderland




"I believe six impossible things before breakfast everyday."

-Alice, from the Tim Burton directed Alice in Wonderland 

After speaking with Haydn who was Beethoven's teacher, Andre de Hevesy, says:

"Everybody knows the incident at Kismarton or Eisenstadt, the residence of Prince Esterhazy. In the middle of the first allegro of Haydn's symphony, His Highness asked the name of the author. He(Beethoven) was brought forward. "'What!'exclaimed the prince, 'the music is by this blackamoor? 'Well, my fine blackamoor, henceforward, thou art in my service.'"

There lies a stark contrast between what we call history and what actually took place. I never would've thought there was so much to learn about genius, just by the way the records described his face.

Blacker den coal
Prouder den gold
Be who you are
Take pride in what you know....To Be True* 

Every now and then
Its perfectly sane for us to
Slip down the rabbit hole
Where cats
disappear every summer
And wild animals
speak in tones, still wilder
Like Lazy boys
reclined behind
the wood grain wheel of a hummer
Pistola to stomach
Grippin the steering wheel 
For dear life
Shook' ones, sweatin
Eye'time they hear them sirens
Dockin and dodgin
Flashing lights and
dem'
out-stand-in-war-rants

The walls of sanity are up for debate, particularly if the instruments used to measure are as crazy as their claims...

The ringin in my ears still haven't stopped. I don't know too many black folk that go by the name Ludwig, but shit I am who I am and he is who he is. I prefer to get my answers from the desperate homeless and crazy. Seems like we have to be a whisker from losing it all to ever come clean.

So yea, I think he's part-black and I don't wanna go back.....

One favor for me please? Hum a tune for me in D minor.  

An Ode to humanity and rhythm.  Joy to the world, our savior's come. Or is it just my imagination? 

If your heart doesn't believe in it,
neither will the eyes
You've been here once before
Back then, you were only about yay high
See you just don't remember
But i respect you for neva pretending
But let me I assure you,
you were here once before
Picked the lock 
Of the night sky's door
A noble crime
We would adore
But now fear's got you by the balls
And if it squeezes any tighter
It'll be dial tones
When the God in you calls
You built the seat of the Gods
But walk
Like a stranger in their halls

Here comes 
The illusion
You are who you are
Amidst the physical confusion 
A man
Resembling God
in a prison
of his own choosing
...If you've never seen poetry via ivory.
Science by way of ebony.
Vibratory Alchemy 
Heart to Hearts
with the human family
You dont have 2 see the unseen
Long as you feel the presence
Sonnets from the chakras
dark matter from the heavens
The magic in the frame of the mysterious Black-a-moor....
Your skin is so intelligent
The touch never fails
Symphony No. 9
From the divine
Playing your melanin
True to scale


"Most intellects don't believe in God, but they fear us just the same" ;)

- Badu

thank you for reading

*peace to the heart from the heart


1 comment:

  1. oh on and on and on and on, your cipher keeps moving like a rolling stone.

    ReplyDelete