Tuesday, August 31, 2010


I have a dream... but I’m afraid of what you’ll do with it.....So I’ll keep it to myself for now.

But I WILL say this much:

Use-- your-- imagination
Be responsible
Never
Lose--your-- imagination
Fight
The coloring lines
That only want you to
Draw power
From connections
and dots, dot dot dot

See,
The brain-cuffs
Of an imposed reality
Can blind you
From your very own majesty

... A rainbow dangles
Barely. Steady
In the sky
Like a lazy
Spider web,
Anansi
The wise arachnid
saunters down
A spool
Of his own work
And whispers,

“There are no
Right or wrong sides of tracks,
So look both ways
before confusing
a knight for a pawn.
A king’s cloak
can be mistaken
for a pauper’s shawl
Depending on
What side of the sun
You’re standing on”

I’ve met blank faced souls
In double breasted suits
W/ pricy cufflinks to boot
Built with black royalty
Draped in garbs
So wretched and drab
They might as well’ve naked, shoot
They truly
schooled me,
Showed me that
the mysteries
Of the ancient divinities
Were implanted
In the fertile soil
Of an infantile memory

So at all cost
Protect your child’s creativity
Because
we would be all lost
If WE LET
The last known Warhols
To rub elbows
with the Gods
Just up and fall off...
Because we couldn’t fathom
Or touch
The motion pictures
They saw.....

And what of dreams?
They should
Never be deferred
Just passed down
to younger ears
Flexible minds
Less reserved
Intern trips
‘Ye-like spaceships
A prize pupil
Thrice referred
An animator
Greater
Than the matrix
That we fight
So hard to preserve
And so the legend goes....
Or at least
That’s what I’ve heard

Dreams...
If I haven’t realized
My old ones yet
I will start new ones
By Simba’s side
Our backs against the wall
Such disrespectful crayons
Rain dancing
Outside the lines
We’ll hold a seance
Babbling BS
Never saying
What they want
And the details
Will be so lucid
Each letter
will be typed
in a New Aged font
I swear a heart
As beautiful its start
Is getting increasingly
Hard to find
So we may be losing
Our innocence
But I’ll be damned
if we lose our minds

*peace 2 the heart from the heart. Life is indeed a cypher

I appreciate your eyes. Whether you comment or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment