Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Tuesday of Heroes and Days


Dear Love -

A lot of people look forward to you. I just look up to you, You are my hero.

I’m not talking bout the comic-book horrid movie-remakes, the spandex adorned square jawed, sports jock from Krypton, leaping buildings in single bounds, eyes shooting out useless red laser beams, sprinting busily past locomotives, and showing off how much stronger he is than one thousand men.

These are a few things I’d maybe love to experience...once, but even if I experienced them I doubt I’d use the word love....once

But YES! We are Supermen and Superwomen. Not because of our momentary flashes of brilliance. But rather the enduring reaches of our being, from our psyche to the tread in our Nikes, the everyday consistency in our resilience. The messenger Mercury, every bit the notorious magician. Behold the Information Age, signaling the Return of the Aboriginals ....

Presenting anything as “Larger than life” is a slap in the face to the origin of its beauty. There is nothing that has been invented by human hands that has improved on its beginnings. Break down the high science on the walls of pyramids and tell me what I'm spittin is fiction...

Full metal jacket to the heart. Funny how we all start with the squeeze of trigger, an orange flash, and a spark. It hits you before you hear it. You go into shock before the hysterics. And you try to stay conscious, but the light from the tunnel keeps peering...

WORD UP! When’d you first fall in love with hip-hop?

Man I couldn’t tell you.

All I know is we have what they’re looking for. And when that artist that I’m feeling is giving me that raw, I shut down the playlist, no need to listen for anymore. Nobody had to pitch me on monogamy. I was one-on-one from jump street. Was the business in 21, they’ll tell you my handle was dumb sweet. Word is bond, never the first one to speak. Just the first cat to jump out the window, I landed directly on my feet.

Respect the astrology Baby,
I’m a direct station
And the signal never fades
I'm raw, wireless energy.
Move Mercury
Out From retrograde.
And the planet stands still
Awaiting instructions
From the sage
So now you’re eager
For the story?
Lick your fingers
Turn the page.
And if it happens to stick
And the edges cut
Like a blade
Rub the sheets together until
Twilight Transforms into Days.
But by the time
The Day breaks
The creator Will book
The whole calendar
So i guess
The true Hero is the day
We better learn How to manage her.......

No comments:

Post a Comment