Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tuesday Note: BackPack Daddy

'When you have kids, your dreams don’t go away, they just have to change a little bit.'

D.C. , cousin

Doors can be portals

True story, True story

Gateways to the immortal

More glory, more glory

Good-bye is what I taught him

I'm sorry, so sorry

Put your bags down, Daddy

Same stories, old stories

Happy Black History Month...again!

And I confess, I do have a history. And it does seem to repeat itself. A broken record of parakeet tunes. Dem’ birds of feather blues, do onto him what was done onto you.

Yep! Daddy is writing the same old stories. Those “we-were-sold” stories. Those we can’t mend our hearts, we forgotten how to sew stories.

Oh Lawdy. Oh Lawdy

Ample supply is not the problem.

see needle
see thread
abundant
like laughter
amongst
family,
tell a friend
what is woven
is a gem...
you can make anything valuable
when the heart is in the right place

Certain times of day and of life
one needs more “heart”
in the mind
than they do in the chest.
It can really help
to separate
simply ‘Trying’
from doing ‘your best’
Up to you to do the rest
And when the stage lights cut on
And the lens blinks quick
networking nets you down
and the traveling makes you sick

I know where
I’ll be always center stage.
Headliner,
only if I choose to be.
Or i could bless a thousand open mics
A turn the poet,
Into a tragic comedy

His eyes and his smile
give the hunt
for God meaning.
So if I can’t dream it with him,
‘guess it just aint worth dreaming...

- Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment